Volunteer Day-of Information
Volunteer registration is now closed. If you are not already registered and trained for Make ‘m Smile 2019, please register as a Buddy!
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE MAKE ‘M SMILE 2019 APP
Get ALL event info, including maps, schedules, push notifications, and more! Available in the App Store/Google Play.
DIRECTIONS: Download the Attendify event app, then search “Make ‘m Smile”!
CLICK HERE for direct link
MEET AT LAKE EOLA @ 5:15 AM!
Grab & go breakfast at 5:15 am at Amphitheater. Group meeting/photo at 5:30 am.
If you arrive after 6:00 am, you cannot volunteer & will be a Buddy.
Your volunteer commitment lasts until 2:30 pm!
- View the parking map below or click to see it in Google Maps
- Red lots are paid parking
- Green lots are Free parking
- Please consider parking in the farthest away lots to save spaces for VIP families to park closer.
ALL Parking is on a first come first serve basis. Space is limited.
Please bring a water bottle. Water & snacks provided at volunteer care tents by Amphitheater or on grass near Washington/Eola. Chick-fil-A sandwiches are for VIPs ONLY. Community service forms available at volunteer tents at end of event.
VIP/Buddy check-in locations:
- Osceola Circle (near World of Beer)
EVERYONE NEEDS A WRISTBAND:
Direct guests to a registration area or a red & white striped tent to get $5 wristbands. VIP families must check-in on Robinson or Osceola Circle to get their FREE wristbands.
DAY-OF QUESTIONS / EMERGENCIES:
Find your Smile Captain or any Captain in a YELLOW t-shirt, a person on a golf cart, OR visit the Nathaniel’s Hope Logoed Info Tent near Robinson Street or by Amphitheater.
WEATHER – RAIN OR SHINE – COME!
We will be there… unless there is a tropical storm or hurricane in the area!
Your final job placement will be emailed/texted to you the week of the event. Please check your spam folder if you do not see it.
RESPITE / FIRST AID:
Locations with AC/privacy for VIP families:
- Near Robinson St.
QUESTIONS / CANCELLATIONS:
Prior to Make ‘m Smile: e-mail [email protected] or call our office at 407-857-8224
Contact your Smile Team Captain.
General Event Information
Follow us and share your pictures on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Use hashtags #MakemSmile #NathanielsHope. Also, check out our Make ‘m Smile Facebook Frame during the event!
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS at The Party Place/Amphitheater:
- 8:30 am – Show begins with Ellis & Tyler, Morning Show Hosts at Z88.3, and continued entertainment
- 9:45 am – Chick-fil-A will serve sandwiches by the amphitheater to VIP families. Must have coupon from registration. While supplies last!
- 10:00 am – Special guests, including Mayor Buddy Dyer and WFTV Channel 9
- 10:15 am – Our annual VIP Kids sing along on stage with Carolyn Pankalla
- 10:30 am – Hall of Hope Butterfly Release
- 11:15 am – American Idol finalist, Alyssa Raghu and the Latitude 28 band
- 1:00 pm – We all go home smiling!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear your Make ‘m Smile T-shirt!
- Water Bottle (This year, we will provide filtered cold water at water stations. Bring a bottle or purchase a $1 souvenir cup or Nathaniel’s Hope tumbler)
- Cash for parking (if you choose to park in a PAID parking lot)
- Umbrella for rain or sun
- Your Biggest Smile!
THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO! Review our 2019 Event Map to see all we have to offer!
- Don’t miss your chance to meet Nathaniel by the Amphitheater!
- Walgreens Fun Zone – Featuring bounce houses, games, karaoke, and photo booth
- Orlando Health Sports & Health Zone – Orlando City Soccer, see an ambulance, & more
- Nathaniel’s Hope Buddy Break Boardwalk – Games and activities galore
- Fun Spot train – Coming from Fun Spot America!
- Nathaniel’s Market – An ALL-NEW area featuring VIPs with their own businesses!
- Animal Land by Leland Management – Petting zoos, llamas, and even get a photo with a gator from Gatorland!
- Splash Zone by BNY Mellon – Cool off with water games & our all new Slip & Slide
- The Party Place (by the Amphitheater) – Meet our Nathaniel character! Don’t miss Sea World’s Cookie Monster handing out his favorite cookies and character friends from Universal Orlando!
- Transportation Station by Regal Boats
- 50 characters strolling around Lake Eola AND MORE!
FOR ALL IMPORTANT LAST-MINUTE DAY-OF INFORMATION:
- Download our event app
- Visit nathanielshope.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NathanielsHope
- Listen to Z88.3
- Visit wftv.com
You can still invite your friends to pre-register online to participate as VIPs or Buddies.
This day is planned in to celebrate VIPs! Enjoy making a new friend and celebrate them!!!