Thank you for registering to join us for our FIRST-EVER MAKE ‘m SMILE SoCal! Here’s a little more info for what to expect and plan for, besides tons of SMILES!
Please take time to review this important event information below.
MAKE ‘m SMILE SoCal at America’s Teaching Zoo
7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark, CA 93021
(At the intersection of Collins and University Dr.)
You can pick up your t-shirt on Friday from 11 a.m. -3 p.m. or on Saturday when you check in.
MAKE 'm SMILE Day-Of Information
- MAKE ‘m SMILE is from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. You can check in anytime during this window.
- Parking – please follow the signs to our VIP Parking lot. A van will be available to bring you to the entrance for check-in.
- When checking in, you will receive a wristband for entry into the zoo.
- Buddies are available for your family. If you would like to have a Buddy with you, please let our team know at check-in.
- If you’ve had too much sun or just need to cool off, we will have a VIP Respite Room in the front building before the zoo entrance.
- FREE lunch will be available from 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM. You will have your choice of a hamburger or hotdog, beans, chips, and bottled water will be available too.
- Restrooms are located on the bottom level of the building before you enter the zoo.
- A VIP Changing Room is also available on the bottom level if you need a mat for diaper changes.
- Inside the zoo, restrooms are by the stadium seating and in the reptile building.
- Near the primate area, a Refresh vehicle will be available for use. This is a specialized restroom that includes a wheelchair lift, toilet with grab bars, an adjustable height changing table (large enough for an adult), and a hoist to lift into the restroom if needed. You will need to bring your own sling to use the hoist.
- Don’t miss out on all the exciting activities in the Fun Zone!
- Stop by our Buddy Break booths for fun games or a snack and learn how you can receive free respite!
- How many Nathaniels can you find throughout the zoo?
- Be sure to meet Nathaniel and get your picture taken with him!
Inside the Zoo
- Join the stage show at 12:00 PM & 1:30 PM where zoo students will showcase the animals they have been training.
- Throughout the zoo, you’ll learn about animals through meet & greet stations, training demos, and feedings.
- Be sure to visit the primate area where other sponsors and resource exhibitors are located.
Things to consider when preparing for Saturday:
Dress cool and comfortable
Bring sunscreen, a hat, and a water bottle.
Stop a Smile Team member wearing a white Nathaniel’s Hope ball cap.
Please email [email protected] with any more questions. If you have any issues day of, please call or text (805) 253-3499.