Thank you for registering to join us for our FIRST-EVER MAKE ‘m SMILE SoCal! Here’s a little more info for what to expect and plan for, besides tons of SMILES!
Please take time to review this important event information below.
MAKE ‘m SMILE SoCal at America’s Teaching Zoo
7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark, CA 93021
(At the intersection of Collins and University Dr.)
You can pick up your t-shirt on Friday from 11 a.m. -3 p.m. or on Saturday when you check in.
MAKE 'm SMILE Day-Of Information
- Parking – Follow signs to the volunteer parking lot. A van will be available if you would like a ride to the entrance.
- Volunteer Check-In – Please check in when you arrive. You will receive your shirt and wristband at that time.
- Lunch will be available 11:00 am – 1:30 PM (hamburger or hot dog, beans, chips, and bottled water)
- If you need a break or have a question, please let your team leader know or anyone that is in a white Nathaniel’s Hope hat.
- Stay hydrated. Feel free to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Be ready to help others throughout the day. You may be moved to a different area to give others a break.
- Restrooms are located on the bottom level of the building before you enter the zoo.
- A VIP Changing Room is also available on the bottom level if a VIP or their family needs it.
- Inside the zoo, restrooms are by the stadium seating and in the reptile building.
- Near the primate area, a Refresh vehicle will be available for use. This is a specialized restroom that includes a wheelchair lift, toilet with grab bars, an adjustable height changing table (large enough for an adult), and a hoist to lift into the restroom if needed. A sling is not provided to use the hoist.
Stop a Smile Team member wearing a white Nathaniel’s Hope ball cap.
Please email [email protected] with any more questions. If you have any issues day of, please call or text (805) 253-3499.